Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hibiscus rosa-sinensis 'Remembering Gary'

Hibiscus rosa-sinensis 'Remembering Gary'
Not a terrific photo. This was taken using the installed iPad camera and uploading it direct to blogger via the app. I didn't have my camera with me so I thought I would see what the quality was like. Not enough detail can be seen in the flower.  Up close this Hibiscus has a biscuit coloured edge to the petals and they are nicely crimped. Summer photos from other sources show that the edge may become more of a distinct band of yellow. Time will tell. The centre of this large cartwheel variety (200mm) is pale pink and changes to orange towards the outer petals. This variety was bred by A Westerman from a pod parent of 'Ruth Watson' and a pollen parent of 'Sun Showers'.

No comments:

Post a Comment