Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chilli Heat: "el mas picante de los picantes"

"the hottest of the hot"

A friend from the community garden gave me some seed of the chilli variety rocotos (Capsicum pubescens)  It is possibly a rocoto longo which is native to the Canary Islands. It is pictured on the plate at 2 o'clock and is dark red and oval shaped. At this time of the year, the chilli plants drop a lot of leaves but the fruit continues to ripen. I want to save seed from these ones and start off new plants in spring. July is my month for browsing the seed catalogues and dreaming about what to grow next summer.

2 comments:

  1. Hot! I had some perfectly round chillies, ans somehow an oval chilli plant got in among them. Now I have only the oval ones. Shows which gene is dominant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this fabulous website and after that read through a number of the guides.
    I absolutely just like the style of writing and just how all articles tend to be formatted.
    My Person saved your website in order to still
    find it much better in the future. Now I am going to inform you about a bit about my internet site,
    which may be largely related on your topic.
    It certainly is around corn food as well as dangers as well as advantages for the body
    of a human. Furthermore, there certainly are guides which talk about eating plans
    without maize, which can be essentiel for the people
    that are suffering during sensitivity. I know the layout isn’t the
    most efficient, then again I can assure the expertise is specified and valid.
    I think that is certainly the most important part of a internet site.
    You can utilize plenty websites that look great, then
    again might not have virtually any advice on it.

    Actually a lot of those expertise can be incorrect. This is certainly threatening concerning healthcare
    associated reports. Regardless, maybe we can stay in contact.
    I can visit your internet site frequently, in order to
    that plz never pause your updates. English is not really my main language, I
    finally wish that you could interpret the comment.
    Also visit my blog ; cornnutrition.net

    ReplyDelete